The El Paso County Jail is actually two separate facilities-the Downtown Jail and the Jail Annex. Have you been here before? Tell us about it by clicking here.
How Do You Locate An Inmate:
You can locate an inmate in two ways. You can call the two El Paso County jails or you can search for the inmate online. The easiest way will be to search for them online as the search looks in both jails. All you will need to obtain the information online is the inmate’s First and Last Name and their birth date.
To locate an inmate by phone you will have to call the two El Paso County jails, the Downtown Jail and the Jail Annex. You can reach the Downtown Jail at (915) 546-2212 and the Jail Annex at (915) 856-4802.
Where Is The Jail Located:
The Downtown Jail is located at 601 E. Overland, El Paso, Texas 79901.
The Jail Annex is located in the Leo Samaniego Law Enforcement Complex at 12501 E. Montana, El Paso, Texas 79938.
What Time Is The Jail Open:
The jails are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
When Are Visiting Hours:
Visitation at the two El Paso County jails occurs on Saturday and Sunday only and the hours of visitation will depend on where the inmate is being held.
Down Town Jail
- Inmates are housed on different floors that determine the visiting hours
- 8AM – 11AM – Odd Numbered Floors.
- 6PM – 9PM – Even Numbered Floors.
- 8AM – 11AM – Even Numbered Floors.
- 6PM – 9PM – Odd Numbered Floors.
- Inmates are housed in “Pods” that determine the visiting hours
- 8AM – 11AM – Odd Numbered Pods, Including The Clinic
- 6PM – 9PM – Even Numbered Pods
- 8AM – 11AM – Even Numbered Pods
- 6PM – 9PM – Odd Numbered Pods, Including The Clinic
- Visiting sessions in the morning and evening are held on the following holidays:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
What Do I Need To Visit An Inmate:
You must be 17 years or older and have a valid picture identification to visit an inmate. Each visitor is allowed to visit once a day on any of the visiting days and will have 20 minutes to visit with the inmate.
Children 16 years or younger must be accompanied by an adult and are only allowed morning visitation on the 1st Saturday and Sunday of the month and on the following holidays*:
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
* The Jail Annex will allow children to visit inmates during the morning and evening sessions on these specific holidays.
What Items Can I Bring To A Prisoner:
You cannot bring an inmate any belongings but you can leave money to be deposited to their account and they can buy commissary.
What Is The Phone Call Policy:
Inmates are allowed to make calls from jail and the El Paso County jails use the services of DSI – ITI, LLC to connect those calls. You must create an account with this company to be able to receive calls from inmates. Once you have set up your account, you can select the payment option that best fits your needs and you can manage your account online. Please click here for information on how to set up your account.
What Is Mail Policy:
You can send mail, including money orders and cashier’s checks to the inmate. But do not send cash or personal checks as they will be returned to you. Please note that any incoming correspondence may be opened, inspected, and read before the mail is delivered.
- Inmate’s Name, Floor, Cellblock
- Booking Number
- El Paso County Detention Facility
- 601 E. Overland
- El Paso, Texas 79901
- Inmate’s Name, Pod, Cellblock
- Booking Number
- El Paso County Jail Annex
- 12501 Montana
- El Paso, Texas 79938
You are not allowed to mail the following items:
- Inflammatory writing, including pornography
- Anything that aids in the construction of weapons, ammunition, bombs or incendiary devices
- Items or material that can assist in the escape from an institution, including but not limited to plans and diagrams
- Words and pictures describing or explaining how to make alcohol or drugs
- Anything written in code
- Publications that promote the overthrow of any government unit
- The following items will not be accepted and will be sent back to you:
- Items coated in plastic, including cards
- Letters with tape or stickers
- Envelopes with foreign substances or residue, including glue
- Mail containing more than 5 pictures (Note: Polaroid pictures will NOT be accepted) or photos that are larger than a 5 x 7.
- Obscene, nude, or pornographic pictures or drawings and pictures showing underwear.
- Electronic pictures, including those printed from a computer
- Posters, hardcover books or jewelry
Inmates can purchase items from commissary and you can put money on their account to purchase items. You can either deposit money in person at either jail or you can do it online by setting up an account with the El Paso County Texas Commissary. Click here for instructions on how to set up an account using the El Paso County Texas Commissary’s iCareDirect system.
Where Are Impound Vehicles Are Stored:
Impounded vehicles are held at the Municipal Vehicle Storage Facility located at 11615 Railroad, El Paso, Texas 79934. This facility is open 24 hours a day7 days a week. You can contact the facility at 915-534-8750.
What Is The Website:
You can access the El Paso County Sherriff’s or the El Paso County Jail website here.