This page is about the Galveston County Jail located in Galveston, Texas. Have you been here before? Tell us about it by clicking here.
How Do You Locate An Inmate:
You can locate an inmate online by Clicking Here or over the telephone at 409-766-2315.
Where Is The Jail Located:
The Galveston County Jail is located at 5700 Avenue H Galveston, TX.
What Time Is The Jail Open:
The Galveston County Jail is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
When Are Prisoners Arraigned:
Prisoners are arraigned immediately after arriving to the jail.
When Are Visiting Hours:
Visiting hours for the Galveston County Jail visitation are organized by clusters.
|B/D/E/I/ Female Pods
Galveston County Jail Visitation Guidelines
- Visitation Parking is very limited. Arrive early and park in designated parking areas only. Violators will be ticketed or towed.
- 1 Visit per day, 2 visits per week, and 2 visitors per visit.
- 1 Child allowed with an adult.
- You shall not visit more than one inmate per day.
- Children shall not be left unattended in the Jail Visitation Lobby.
- Persons 16 years or older shall have Proper Identification.
- Visitation is monitored.
- Cell Phones and other electronics that can photograph and record audio or video are not permitted in the Front Lobby Visitation Area
- No Photography of Inmate Visitation without the approval of Corrections Bureau Administration.
- Do not exchange visitors.
- Do not visit with other inmates.
- No swimwear or revealing clothing. Ask, if in doubt about the Standards of Dress.
- Visitors of Inmates will NOT be permitted to have cell phones or camera’s in the Jail Visitation Lobby. If you are going to visit an inmate at the Galveston County Jail, make arrangements to leave your cell phone in your vehicle or at home.
- Proper attire is required. When in doubt, ask before your visit.
- Any disruptive behavior by a visitor and/or their guests is Just Cause for a visitor to lose all visitation rights.
- If any of the above are observed, your visit shall be terminated.
Galveston County Jail Visitation: Attorneys may visit their inmate clients from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm unless securing inmates release.
What Do I Need To Visit An Inmate:
For Galveston County Jail Visitation you will need to bring a valid form of photo identification if 16 years of age or older. All visitors must dress appropriately. Inmates are allowed 1 visit per day and 2 visits per week, with 2 visitors per visit.
What Items Can I Bring To A Prisoner:
You are not allowed to bring items for prisoners.
How can I leave money for an inmate in Galveston County Jail?
To leave money for an inmate in Galveston County Jail, click here.
Galveston County Commissary / Telephone / Inmate Accounting Services are a privilege. Commissary and telephone privileges are offered to every inmate regardless of status (with the exception of those Inmates in a Lockdown or certain Medical Status).
To deposit money in person at the Galveston County Jail, you may access the lobby kiosk to deposit cash for an offender 24 hours a day.
The Kiosk at the Galveston County Jail is located in the Jail Lobby at:
5700 Ave H
Galveston, Texas 77551
The entrance to the Jail is located on Ave H, between 54th Street and 59th Streets in Galveston, Texas
The kiosk accepts $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills.
Money can be deposited in the lobby for the Offender’s Commissary Account or for the Offender’s Telephone Account for the offender telephone system.
What Is The Phone Call Policy:
You can fund an inmate’s phone account by clicking here. An inmate at Galveston County Jail will be able to use their phone account to make calls.
Once you leave funds for the inmate those funds become the property of the inmate.
Inmates are capable to make calls through a pre-paid phone card or collect. Conversations have a 15 minute limit. Pre- paid phone calls do not allow the inmate to call cell phones.
What Is The Website:
You can view the website by clicking here.