Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Texas
This page is dedicated to the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Texas
How do you locate an inmate?
To locate a loved one or friend at the Grayson County Jail, call the Sherrif’s Office at 903-813-4091 or online at: click here
Where is the Atascosa County Jail Located?
The address for the jail is 200 S. Crockett St, Sherman, Texas 75090
When are visiting hours for inmates at the Grayson County Jail?
Tuesday through Saturday. Visitation hours for Women: 8:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 4:00pm. Visitation hours for Men: 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
What do I need to visit an inmate? What is the visitation policy at the jail?
This information is from the Grayson County Inmate information:
The first three people visit will be approved as the people allowed to visit for the month.
Approved visitors may change at the first of each month.
Visitation will be conducted Tuesday through Saturday.
Visitation is based on a first come, first served basis.\
Visitation hours for Women: 8:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 4:00pm.
Visitation hours for Men: 9:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
The visitation week begins on Tuesday.
The visits will be 30 minutes in duration.
The following rules apply to visitation:
1. Each visitor must produce valid identification, State or Government Picture I.D.
2. The first three people that visit an inmate will be listed as the approved visitors for the month. Visits are limited
to thirty minutes.
3. Persons named in the computer as your approved visitors may only visit one time per week.
4. All persons entering the Grayson County Jail are required to adhere to the following dress code:
A. Appropriate dress is required for all person(s) visiting inmates in the Grayson County Jail. Shorts
above the knee/cut-offs, Tank tops, spaghetti strap/strapless shirts, T-Shirts (underwear type),
A-Shirts (underwear type), fishnet, and /or see-through fabrics, skirts/blouses with an open midriff
or above the knee, are all PROHIBITED.
B. Men must wear long pants and women may wear dresses, skirts, or long pants. All pants, shorts,
and skirts must be below the knees. Individuals who do not comply with these standards will not be
permitted to enter the Grayson County Jail.
C. The visitation officer will determine what is appropriate to visit.
Persons who do not conform to this rule will be dismissed from visitation.
5. Nothing can be carried inside the jail (purses, packages, sacks, books, food, cell phones, beverages, etc.)
by visitors, and jail personnel are not allowed to hold any personal property for visitors. Any visitor who
brings, or attempts to bring any unauthorized item into the jail may be permanently denied visitation in
Grayson County Jail, and may be subject to criminal prosecution.
6. Contact visitation is not permitted at any time.
Upon request from an inmate’s legal guardian, the guardian shall be added to the inmate’s visitation list and provided access to the inmate during regular visitation hours, to an eligible inmate. The guardian visit shall be in addition to a normal visit and not count as one of the three approved visitors for the month.
The guardian is required to provide legal proof as provided by Sections 1002.012, 1106.001-1106.003, Estates Code and with a certified letter of said guardianship prior to allowing the visitation.
CHILDREN LESS THAN FIVE YEARS OF AGE WILL BE ALLOWED TO VISIT THEIR PARENT AND NOT BE COUNTED AS A REGULAR VISITOR. THE RULES GOVERNING THESE VISITS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. An adult must accompany the child. (Adult must have valid identification.)
2. The child’s name will be entered on the visitation list with the name of the other visitor.
3. On his/her fifth birthday, and thereafter, they will be counted as a visitor and may visit alone.
4. Original or certified birth certificate (no copies) must be presented for ages 5 to 15. When the child turns
16 years old they will be processed in the same manner as an adult. State or government picture
I.D.’s only. No school I.D. will be approved for visitation.
5. The person accompanying the child will be responsible for the action of the child and must supervise the
child during the visit.
6. The child may visit only one time per week.
7. If you have more than one child under age five, all of your children may visit following these rules.
8. You must supply the visitation officer with the child’s name, age, and date of birth, prior to the visit.
A visit may be denied to any person if there is a reason to believe the visit may not be in the best interest of the security and welfare of the jail. Vulgar language and/or gestures you may direct toward anyone during visiting periods are a violation of rules and will result in disciplinary action against you.
How can I give an inmate at Greyson County Jail money?
Please read this very carefully if you want the funds to be received timely by your loved one, if you have any questions call the jail at 903-813-4091
How can I send mail to an inmate at Atascosa County Jail?
All incoming non-privileged mail will be on plain white paper or legal pad (White) only and
mailed in a plain white or manila envelope. The letters must be written in blue or black ink.
Letters should be addressed as follows:
a) Show Senders Full name and address on the envelope.
b) Show inmates full name (the name by which they were booked into jail)
c) Address the letter to c/o:
Inmate Name and S.O #
Grayson County Jail
200 South Crockett
Sherman, Texas 75090
If an individual is housed at the Low-Risk Detention Center address correspondence to:
Inmate Name and S.O. #
Low-Risk Detention Center
5503 Airport Drive
Denison, Texas 75020
No Cards will be accepted.
Pictures cannot be lewd or provocative. Inmate not allowed more than 6 pictures
total. Pictures must be on photo quality paper.
What is the website? click here