This page is about the Carrollton City Jail or Carrollton Jail located in Carrollton, Texas. Have you been here before? Tell us about it by clicking here.
How Do You Locate An Inmate:
How can I find out if someone is in the Carrollton City Jail?
Where Is The Jail Located:
The Carrollton City Jail is located 20
01 E. Jackson Rd, Carrollton, Texas 75006.
What Time Is The Jail Open:
The jail is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
When Are Prisoners Arraigned:
Usually in the morning hours but can vary depending on the judge’s schedule.
When Are Visiting Hours:
• Visitation generally occurs daily from 9 am to 10 pm but is subject to cancellation, without notice, by the jail supervisor. Call the inmate number at 972-466-3335.
The visitation requirements are:
o Visitation is limited to 10-15 minutes with a maximum of 2 people allowed per visit.
o Visitors must be appropriately dressed, be at least 17 years of age, present a driver license or government-issued identification card and have no outstanding arrest warrants.
o All visitors may be searched prior to entering the visitation room.
What Items Can I Bring To A Prisoner:
There are three things you can bring an inmate: money, prescription medication (they will dispense to prisoner), and approved reading materials. All these items will be screened when you visit the jail at 2001 East Jackson Rd., Carrollton, Texas.
What Is The Phone Call Policy:
As with most jails inmates are allowed one (1) free telephone call during the booking process. But the prisoner can also make collect phone calls from inside the jail house. Keep in mind when answering those collect calls the person who owns the phone bill is responsible for paying.
FAQs about the Carrolton City Jail.
What does it mean when a person is “booked” into jail?
• This is an administrative process documenting a prisoner’s entrance into the jail. This process includes collecting information such as the person’s name, address, reason for the arrest (criminal charges), and an inventory of personal property. A prisoner’s photograph and fingerprints are taken as well.
What happens during an arraignment?
• An arraignment is a formal meeting between a judge and a prisoner. During this meeting, the judge informs the prisoner of his or her charge(s) and advises the prisoner of his or her rights and the bond amount(s), if any.
What is “Jail Credit”?
• The City of Carrollton assigns a monetary value to time spent in jail for City of Carrollton Class C misdemeanor fines. A municipal judge determines the amount of jail credit as provided by state law. This is typically $100 for every 24 hours served.
Is Jail Credit applied to all arrests?
• No, Jail Credit only applies to fines owed on City of Carrollton Class C misdemeanors.
What items may I bring a prisoner?
• A prisoner’s prescription medication will be accepted and dispensed in the prescribed manner.
• Approved reading materials
How may I get a prisoner’s property?
• Prisoner property can only be released after the prisoner grants written permission authorizing the release. To claim prisoner property it is necessary to:
o Complete a property release form.
o Present a driver license or a state issued identification card
May a prisoner make free phone calls?
• Prisoners are allowed to place one free telephone call once the booking process has been completed. A prisoner also has the opportunity to make collect phone calls from inside a cell block.
How long will a prisoner remain in the Carrollton City Jail for Class C misdemeanor warrants issued out of another city?
• The city that issued the warrant has five days to pick up a prisoner. If the issuing city fails to meet this deadline, the prisoner will be released and the warrants will be reinstated.
How can a prisoner resolve a City of Carrollton Class C misdemeanor warrant?
• Pay the fine in cash
• Post a cash or attorney bond
• Be released “time served” after acquiring enough Jail Credit
• A combination of bonds, Jail Credit and cash payment
How can a prisoner resolve a Class C misdemeanor warrant issued from another City?
• Payment can be accepted at either the issuing agency or the City of Carrollton. If payment is made at the Carrollton City Jail, cash must be used. Cash in the exact amount is accepted. It is recommended that you verify the exact amount with Jail staff.
Will City employees recommend a bail bond company or an attorney?
• No, but most bail bond companies and attorneys can be located on the internet, or by using directory assistance. A list of the bail bond companies licensed is available in the Jail Lobby.
Where are impounded vehicles stored?
• The City of Carrollton contracts with Grahams Wrecker, 1755 Vantage Dr, Carrollton, TX, 972-242-0563 for the storage of impounded vehicles. Inquiries concerning fees, a method of payment, and directions to the storage facility should be directed to the towing company. Be prepared to provide information such as the vehicle’s year, make, model, and license plate number.
If an inmate is picked up because of an outstanding warrant from another city, Carrollton will hold that inmate for five (5) days. After five (5) days, the inmate will be released and the warrants will be reinstated.
What Is The Website:
Click here to access the Carrollton City Jail website.