The Cameron County Detention Center – Brownsville, TX
This page is about the Cameron County Detention Center also known as the Cameron County Jail in Brownsville, Texas. There are three (3) separate facilities. Have you been here before? Tell us about it by clicking here.
What Is The Address of Cameron County Jail?
Inmates are held at one of following three facilities.
- The Cameron County Old County Jail is located at 954 E. Harrison, Brownsville, Texas 78520.
- The Cameron County Detention Center is located at 1145 E. Harrison, Brownsville, Texas 78520.
- The Cameron County Carrizales-Rucker center is located at 7100 Old Alice Road, Olmito, Texas 78575.
How Can You Locate An Inmate in Cameron County Jail?
You can call 956-554-6700 or 956-554-6701 for inmate information or you can see a current list of detained inmates on the Cameron County Sheriff’s Office website. Click here to access the current inmate list.
Inmates are responsible for filling out and handing the visitation list to jail division staff. If there is no visit list in the system a visit may be approved by the shift supervisors. You must show a photo ID to sign in for visit. Your name will be checked against the inmate’s visiting list.
- By registering to visit an inmate you are accepting to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Cameron County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Staff will not allow you to visit unless you cooperate with all requirements. Failure to comply with any of the rules set forth or to follow staff orders will result in visit cancellation for up to 30 days or longer depending on the circumstances.
The following items are NOT allowed inside the visitation lobby area or the visitation area (s).
- Purses, wallets, bags, electronic devices,
- cell phones, recording devices, writing
- instruments, lighters,
- weapons, liquids, foods, etc.
Visitors are not allowed to bring any items when visiting an inmate except for car keys and/or ID cards
RULES OF VISITATION
- All visitors must be signed in 20 minutes before visitation begins but in no case more than one (1) hour before visit begins.
- Late visitors will not be permitted to go into visitation
- Visitors must be on the inmate’s visitation list in order to visit.
- Combinations of five (5) adult people are allowed to visit per visit day.Only two (2) children (16 years old and younger) may accompany anyone adult at a time.
- ALL children must be kept quiet and under the supervision of the adult(s).No running is allowed.
If any child is excessively noisy or unruly, the visit will be canceled or terminated early for that family member for that day.
- ALL visitors must follow ALL visitation RULES and be dressed appropriately. NO miniskirts, tank tops, transparent or provocative, revealing, backless, strapless, sleeveless, low cut, wide-necked clothing will be permitted in the facility.
- No clothing displaying obscene or offensive language, drawings or gang affiliation.
- Shorts, skirts
anddresses must be at least two (2) inches under the knee in a normal standing position.
- No spandex, tights or leggings without shorts, skirts or dresses.
The Sheriff’s Office and/or his designee reserves the right to deny any visit when there is reason to believe that the visit is not in the best interest of the safety and security of the facility
How do I send money to an inmate at Cameron County Jail?
Money that the inmate had with him at the time they were booked will be deposited into the inmate’s trust fund.
ONLY money orders or certified checks will be accepted through the mail. No cash will be accepted and will be returned to sender. All money orders or certified checks need to be mailed to the address below and made payable to the inmate.
CAMERON COUNTY JAIL DIVISION
CO Inmate Trust Fund
Inmate Name/Inmate ID #
P.O. Box 1539 Olmito. TX 78575
Care packages can
How do I send Mail to an Inmate in Cameron County Jail?
All incoming mail will be inspected for contraband.
The following items will be returned to sender
- Stained with powder, perfume, glue or glitter
- Envelopes with staples, clips, tape or stickers
- Notepads, paper, envelopes, pencils, pens or stamps
- Greeting cards larger than 5″ by 7″
- Any material printed off the internet
BOOKS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
All books and subscriptions must be soft backed and come directly from a publisher or
Inmates are allowed to have up to three (3) pictures in their possession at any one time. Other pictures will be placed
How do I get an inmate’s property
at Cameron County Jail?
Family members may pick up inmates clothing:
On Monday, Tuesday and Friday Only from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Inmates being released from Carrizales will receive their property only if released before 5:00 p.m. .. All others will have to come back the next business day.
Inmates leaving to other counties:
Property and monies will be given to the transporting agency for safe keeping.
For inmates that have left to T.D.C. family members have 30 days from the date of the
ONLY Monday thru Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Other arrangements will have to be scheduled in advance. Please contact any Lieutenant on duty from Monday thru Friday between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 pm.